Xactimate Estimating Online (CES-280)
February 2 @ 8:00 am - February 4 @ 5:00 pm$699.00
Learn, update, or refresh on Xactimate from your office or home in this interactive online class! Efficiently set up, dimension, scope, and deliver professional estimates using Xactimate. This hands-on course brings new users quickly up to speed and serves as a complete refresher/skill sharpener for experienced users. Prepare for Level 1 & Level 2 User Certifications.
IICRC Certified Technicians receive up to 14 CECs (hours).
This is a three day instructor led online course administered by Sean Burgess, an Xactimate Certified Trainer.
Day 1 focuses on Level 1 (Fundamentals) topics. Days 2 & 3 focus on Level 2 (Proficiency) topics. While our main focus is inside the structure, roof diagramming is
covered, based on attendee interest.
Course includes instructional presentation followed by applied practice geared to ensure
students learn best practices. Instruction method is designed to build confidence in the
knowledge being shared in an interactive online learning environment by progressively
building scope complexity. This course is conducted using Xactimate X1 Desktop.
Attendees may use Xactimate X1 or Xactimate 28 Desktop or Xactimate Online.
Required: Internet Connection and access to Xactimate during class. Attendees will
use their computer microphone and speakers or headset with microphone (optional). A
second screen or monitor is helpful. An external mouse is recommended.
Skills and Objectives
Students of this program will learn how to:
- Use the 4 step estimating process to quickly create a project, review your estimate, and export.
- Use construction concepts to build interior diagrams using sketch. (Roof and Exterior diagramming are covered based on student interest)
- Easily find line-items related to your current scope of repairs.
- Modify material pricing for bid, miscellaneous, and material analysis line-items.
- Understanding Labor Minimums and How they are applied.
- Auto-sizing your scope using variables & sub-variables.
- Increasing your efficiency through effective use of keyboard shortcuts.
- Importing and organizing images to provide additional clarity and detail.
- Delivering estimate reports in formats best suited to your clients (both internal and external).
- Staying up-to-date with new Xactimate price list line-items! and more!
Instructor: Sean Burgess
Sean is an Xactimate Certified Trainer (XCT) with extensive experience in both the claims adjusting and restoration service provider fields. With more than a decade of adjusting experience from both the field and as a trainer, Sean understands the intricacies of the insurance market. Balanced with real world experience as an estimator in the restoration industry, his perspective is highly unique and invaluable. He has been commended on several occasions for his command of the technical aspects of effective project estimating, however is also regarded as a highly effective trainer, with a gift for translating what he teaches into practical, real world application.