- This event has passed.
Water Damage Restoration Technician- Online
January 26, 2021 @ 8:00 am - January 28, 2021 @ 5:00 pm$399.00
IICRC Certified & Approved The Water Damage Restoration Technician course is held over three days for training in extraction, basic containment, basic mold procedures, black-water-decontamination hands-on procedure, initial equipment set up, and the basics of drying. This course is designed to give restoration personnel who perform remediation work a better concept of water damage, it’s effects, and techniques for the drying of structures. This course will give residential and commercial maintenance personnel the background to understand the procedures necessary to deal with water losses, sewer backflows, and contamination such as mold. You will learn about procedures for handling water damage restoration, from the initial damage survey through the final billing.
IICRC Exam available at additional charge.
- Structural Drying
- Psychometrics (the key to understanding drying), and
- Types of Dehumidifiers and why each is used.
- Inspection procedures and health effects of microbial contamination,
- Handling unusual circumstances and the proper application of the theory of dehumidification and the use of air movers will be emphasized.
Special Points of Instruction
- Insurance and the insurance representative will be discussed in detail.
- Health and safety factors for the employee technician — for the employer on behalf of the employee, and for the people who will be returning to the indoor environment after restoration.
- Potential liability for the health and well-being of all those involved with the loss.
- 3 day course; 19 hours, not including exam time, lunch and breaks
- Instructor: Scott Mims
NOTE: This class will be held on Eastern Standard Time
To participate in our live-streamed classes, please take note of the following important information and requirements:
- You must have a computer with video and audio capabilities.
- You must have access to a strong, stable internet connection.*
- You must fill out the IICRC Candidate Agreement form and pay for your exam as soon as possible, but in any event no later than 4 days prior to the class.
- When paying your exam fees, you will be asked to upload a piece of photo ID for face recognition during the exam.
- We ask that you log into the class at least 30 minutes prior to the start time to ensure your technology is working and to be present for attendance and policy review.
*Schaper’s Supply is not responsible for ensuring your internet connectivity or for any problems accessing a live-streamed class due to connectivity problems. No refunds will be issued for any reason including connectivity problems. You can test your system capabilities in advance by visiting zoom.us/test.
Review and confirmation of the above requirements (including all system requirements) is the responsibility of the student registering for the online course.
All registrations for online classes are final. Payment must be made at the time of registration and no refunds will be issued for online classes once a registration is completed.