- This event has passed.
Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician – Online
April 7, 2021 @ 9:00 am - April 8, 2021 @ 5:00 pm$295.00
+ You must obtain this certification to earn your Master Textile Cleaner designation.
+ You must obtain this certification to earn your Master Water Restorer designation.
The IICRC approved Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician (UFT) course is designed to teach the art and science of upholstery and fabric cleaning to professional service providers, as well as others in related industries.
The class curriculum includes the following:
- How to properly identify fibers
- Fabric construction
- Proper cleaning chemistry
- Methods of cleaning
- Removing difficult spots and stains from fabrics
- Identification of potential problem areas
- How to avoid browning and color bleeding
- How to make simple repairs on loose legs, fabric tears, and loose buttons
The class also includes a section on how to clean and restore certain types of leather fabric.
This is very important since 33% of all upholstery sold for commercial and residential use is made with a leather fabric.
2 day course; 9:00 am EST – 5:00 pm EST
Instructor: John Carter
NOTE: This class will be held on Eastern Standard Time
To participate in our live-streamed classes, please take note of the following important information and requirements:
- You must have a computer with video and audio capabilities.
- You must have access to a strong, stable internet connection.*
- You must fill out the IICRC Candidate Agreement form and pay for your exam as soon as possible, but in any event no later than 4 days prior to the class.
- When paying your exam fees, you will be asked to upload a piece of photo ID for face recognition during the exam.
- We ask that you log into the class at least 30 minutes prior to the start time to ensure your technology is working and to be present for attendance and policy review.
*Schaper’s Supply is not responsible for ensuring your internet connectivity or for any problems accessing a live-streamed class due to connectivity problems. No refunds will be issued for any reason including connectivity problems. You can test your system capabilities in advance by visiting zoom.us/test.
Review and confirmation of the above requirements (including all system requirements) is the responsibility of the student registering for the online course.
All registrations for online classes are final. Payment must be made at the time of registration and no refunds will be issued for online classes once a registration is completed.