- This event has passed.
Water Damage Restoration Technician – WRT Online
June 17 @ 8:00 am - June 19 @ 5:00 pm$479.00
The IICRC Water Restoration Technician (WRT) 3-day course held from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm is the essential introduction to the science and practice of water damage restoration. It is based on the IICRC S-500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration.
The course presents all of the basic concepts of water damage, its effects and techniques for drying materials and structures and will provide the background to understand the procedures necessary when dealing with water losses, sewer backflows and contamination such as mold.
The aspects of communication with customers and insurance companies;
Health and Safety;
Understanding various materials and their drying characteristics;
Description and use of ventilation equipment, dehumidifiers, air purifiers;
Extraction equipment, importance and performance;
The science of drying and the decision making process;
The basics of microbiology.
* To receive your WRT certification you must pass the final exam with 75% or higher.
* This course qualifies for 14 continuing education credits (CEC) with the IICRC.
NOTE: This class will be held on Eastern Standard Time
To participate in our live-streamed classes, please take note of the following important information and requirements:
- You must have a computer with video and audio capabilities.
- You must have access to a strong, stable internet connection.*
- You must fill out the IICRC Candidate Agreement form and pay for your exam as soon as possible, but in any event no later than 4 days prior to the class.
- When paying your exam fees, you will be asked to upload a piece of photo ID for face recognition during the exam.
- We ask that you log into the class at least 30 minutes prior to the start time to ensure your technology is working and to be present for attendance and policy review.
*Schaper’s Supply is not responsible for ensuring your internet connectivity or for any problems accessing a live-streamed class due to connectivity problems. No refunds will be issued for any reason including connectivity problems. You can test your system capabilities in advance by visiting zoom.us/test.
Review and confirmation of the above requirements (including all system requirements) is the responsibility of the student registering for the online course.
All registrations for online classes are final. Payment must be made at the time of registration and no refunds will be issued for online classes once a registration is completed.