- This event has passed.
Water Damage Restoration Technician and Applied Structural Drying Technician
April 25, 2022 @ 8:00 am - April 29, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$1,295.00
This combo training combines WRT and ASD which means you will take two (2) IICRC certification examinations.You will qualify to take the WRT certification exam on day 4 and the ASD certification exam is on day 5.
The Water Damage Restoration Technician course is designed to teach restoration personnel that perform remediation work to give them a better concept of water damage, it’s effects and techniques for drying of structures. This course will give residential and commercial maintenance personnel the background to understand the procedures necessary to deal with water losses, sewer back flows, and contamination such as mold.
The Applied Structural Drying course distinguishes restorers who have completed an intensive hands-on course in how to dry complete structures. The students actually “apply” new drying techniques as they learn them. If you like hands on learning this class is for you. In this class you will receive both hands on and classroom lecture using all the latest in drying technology.
- extract properly using surface, sub surface, and weighted extraction tools
- dry in place, partial float and other applications
- directed heat application
- proper equipment placement
- use meters to give you the information you need
- dry hardwood flooring
- dry ceramic tile
- dry cabinetry with no need for removal
- dry drywall and insulation without need for demolition
- use structural cavity drying systems
- Desiccant and LGR use
- much more
- 5 day course; 31 hours, not including exam time, lunch and breaks
- Exam fee: $160.00 payable to the IICRC and collected by the instructor prior to the exam
- Instructor: Scott Mims