- This event has passed.
Water Damage Restoration Technician
January 27, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 29, 2020 @ 5:00 pm$399.00 – $625.00
IICRC Certified & Approved The Water Damage Restoration Technician course is held over three days for training in extraction, basic containment, basic mold procedures, black-water-decontamination hands-on procedure, initial equipment set up, and the basics of drying. This course is designed to give restoration personnel who perform remediation work a better concept of water damage, it’s effects, and techniques for the drying of structures. This course will give residential and commercial maintenance personnel the background to understand the procedures necessary to deal with water losses, sewer backflows, and contamination such as mold. You will learn about procedures for handling water damage restoration, from the initial damage survey through the final billing.
- Structural Drying
- Psychometrics (the key to understanding drying), and
- Types of Dehumidifiers and why each is used.
- Inspection procedures and health effects of microbial contamination,
- Handling unusual circumstances and the proper application of the theory of dehumidification and the use of air movers will be emphasized.
Special Points of Instruction
- Insurance and the insurance representative will be discussed in detail.
- Health and safety factors for the employee technician — for the employer on behalf of the employee, and for the people who will be returning to the indoor environment after restoration.
- Potential liability for the health and well-being of all those involved with the loss.
- 3 day course; 19 hours, not including exam time, lunch and breaks
- Exam fee: $65.00 payable to the IICRC and collected by the instructor prior to the exam.
- Instructor: Scott Mims
Can be taken as a combo with FSRT Class for just $625.00, save $73.00 on tuition! Just sign up under the WRT/FSRT Combo starting January 27 – 31, 2020!