- This event has passed.
Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Course
November 14, 2016 @ 8:00 am - November 15, 2016 @ 5:00 pm$995.00
A collaborative effort of the nation’s top building science experts, the leading crawl space research organization, restorative drying experts and the leading manufacturer of moisture remediation and control equipment have developed the first Crawl Space Encapsulation Specialist Training Program. This unprecedented program gives encapsulation professionals an in-depth understanding of moisture, energy conservation and engineering controls and how to manage each of these to install an encapsulation system that stops mold growth, eliminates bacterial odor, reduces pest infestation, and slows energy consumption.
Program details include:
- Psychrometry and moisture science
- Mold prevention
- Engineered moisture control
- Effects of moisture content on building materials
- Building and energy codes governing encapsulation installations
- Encapsulation principles
- Categorization of crawl spaces based on energy, moisture and
- Dehumidifier sizing, installation and control
- Standardized step-by-step processes for moisture blocking and removal
This course is taught through a combination of classroom lecture and hands-on in a real crawl space. An exam follows to complete the training process.
Two-Day Course includes manual, training exam and lunch on both days. **2 CEC credits with IICRC**